Sunday 29 March 2015

Day of my flight 
1:05AM, 24 degrees Celsius

Teeky, MJ and I just got home from supper at a street stall 300m away and we entered our apartment after a rat. Just half an hour before we left for supper, MJ had sighted another rat under the rack of dishes both done and undone. I am ever ready to go home. Lucky for me, I am on the upper deck of the bunk so I am safe.. Or so I choose to believe.

And also, my period arrived ten minutes after we got home from Halong Bay. I can't stress this enough- I can't wait to go home.

Halong Bay over the weekend was pretty damn awesome. Took a 3 hour bus ride to Halong Bay with 12 others- 3 Taiwanese girls, a Russian man, an Ethopian couple, a British couple, a Vietnamese family of 3 and 2 Americans. The Americans and Vietnamese were later transferred to another boat.

Our boat was awesome. There were sunbrellas and little colourful flags on the most upper deck of our boat but our rooms oh our rooms. Perfect. And the toilet! I had the best shower of my life. 


So we spent our first day kayaking which I hated very much and then exploring the largest cave in Halong Bay which we all agreed was too artificial. Headed back to our boat where we had a scrumptious meal of legit salad, broccoli, soup, chicken, beef, pork, spring rolls, steamed rice and fruits after a damn good shower. And then we started drinking.

The 2 Americans must really like how diverse i.e. Manchester, America, Germany, Canada and Singapore and fun our group is, because they spent 100USD to get a small boat to send them to our boat for the night. I had 3 gin tonics, 1 mojito and a beer and called it a night before the Americans' curfew at 12AM. Slept like a baby on a comfy bed, a soft pillow and a clean bed sheet.

The other Becca woke up at 615AM for a taichi lesson while the rest of us slept in. Breakfast was so good- bread, butter and sugar and a not so sunny side up with hot tea. We were taken to the floating village with a personal rower and then we checked out. 



It's almost half past 1 and MJ will be leaving in less than 4 hours. My taxi is scheduled to arrive at 7am, in 5 and a half hours.

I am really going to miss the rest, especially MJ, Millie and Rachel. But I am also ready to go home.


I miss Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment