Sunday 22 March 2015

Day 8
3:09PM, 23 degrees Celsius
Trekked 15km yesterday and ended the night with rice wine and bottles of beer with new found friends from Switzerland and California. I slept really well on a nice queen sized bed in the hotel!
Today, we trekked 5km to visit Cat Cat Village. My legs are gone now, my shins and calves in particular. The icecream and carrot cake after lunch was really awesome tho. 
Sapa has been nice.. The babies and puppies here are so adorable! Weather's been a bit chilly and it is really foggy and hazy up here with almost zero visibility but a good trekking group and tour guide made up for that. I personally will not come back here again because it's really heart wrenching to see young girls holding handmade souvenirs, begging tourists to buy them. Well rehearsed phases like "Buy for me?" and "Please for me?" togeher with the puppy eyes gets to me. I am really blessed and fortunate.

We'll be catching the 4pm bus back to Hanoi and will arrive at the apartment around midnight. Teaching resumes tomorrow morning!

I miss my family, dog and friends so much. I can't wait to go home. As of tomorrow, I am a week away to my flight back home. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment