Wednesday 10 February 2016

This Too Shall Pass

has been the mantra of my life ever since I enlisted into the army on the 14th of July, 2015.

From the various route marches in Tekong (and the final one to the National Stadium).. Throughout 6 days of field camp... During CLM under Bravo Wing in OCS... To the most recent X48 in NDU-- "This too shall pass" has become the Vedic hymn when I'm facing trials and tribulations -wait-- but no- not anymore.
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, whether the storm is really over... ..."

- Haruki Murakami
Sorry, Haru/ Ruki/ Mura/ Kami (whichever your pet-name is) but I fail to agree.

Just like how I shouldn't dread things but be cautiously optimistic about things coming my way (MAJ Nah. N, 2015), I'd like to think that I shouldn't be impatient for bad times to pass but instead, face the (bad) music. Excuse my horrible pun.

I would love to remember every single enraging (yet enriching, I hope) moment spent far, far away from land where for oneself, I fend. Excuse the bad rhyme, been a long time. Therefore, I shall spend the next few months facing unrelenting pain. Unbearable shall now be deemed as barely bearable, and when I think I can't take it anymore, I just- well I'd like to think, then, that I can barely take it. Still pessimistic but more cautiously optimistic than being entirely pessimistic. 

Hm I like how that sounds. To counter what Haruki Murakami said, I bring you Thomas S. Monson.
"To live greatly, we must develop the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and triumph with humanity."
But hold, I set my own rules for the battles to come--

I am still allowed to complain and whine and drone and cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment